Tuesday 7 February 2012

Week 3

In week 3 of my practice diary I will be doing chord progression, I will begin practicing the C major scale as there are no sharp or flat notes being played in each chord and only white keys are played, since I am only a beginner this would be the easiest option for me to pick up chords and be able to learn to switch between each chord. The C major chords are = C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim.

Each musical scale has 3 primary chords, meaning 3 notes are played to make a chord, these notes can be found on the first, fourth and fifth note intervals of the scale, for example the notes that make chord C are C, F and G. The first note is known as the root note and that tells you what key its in. to add extra chord to this progression we can use the relative minor chord, this makes the chord sound sad, the relative minor chord can be found 3 semitones lower than the root note on each scale.

My plan for this week is to practice the chords in C major and get use to switching chords and once I get the hang of it, I will start learning more scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment